Take on the “Old Skool” (Dad’s Club Pres Juan Lopez, VP Joseph Ngo and Master at Arms Joe Vasquez) and let’s see those skills! This is how it works…
- $5 per player/session
- $20 for all 5 Sessions left in 2022
- $40 per person x 3 players is $120 per team.
Basketball Play Format - 3 vs 3 Play on Half Court inside the hall/gym (over age of 18 only).
- If we have 4 teams or less – First to 15 straight up by count of 1 per basket. 2 points for any baskets beyond 3 point line
- If more than 4 teams – First to 11 with same rules as above to move more on the court
- Take out/Check up: Always at half court no matter where the ball went out.
- All change-of-possessions need to be cleared outside the 3 point line regardless if it hit rim, backboard or airball.
- Any change of possession needs to be cleared or loss of possession incurred.
- Fouls – No free throws. Take out from Half Court
- Per Game: Allowed to call 6 per team, 2 for each player
- No Slam Dunking at all! Light rim touch ok. Need to preserve equipment
- Before game start: Prayer between teams and introductions
OUR GOAL(S) – Apart from fundraising – To share time to reflect and interact with our St Joseph the Worker community.
- The short term plan is to host this event for our St Joseph the Worker Community and grow the even to be a tradition. It can alternate to volleyball days upon request also.
- The medium term plan is to get more of the catechism and parish community involved and recruitment.
- The long term plan is to expand the event to a 1 day to
- urnament inviting all of Winnetka sponsored by WNC and CD3.
- Inviting all our neighbors to participate and educate in all ways of Christ our Lord and Patron Saint St Joseph. Larger form of recruitment also.
- This would be an outdoor event with a couple of food trucks and restaurants from within our St Joseph the Worker Community – Hopia Like It and other suggestions.
First Games - THIS Saturday - 5/21/22 from 3-6pm
What to bring:
- Big Smiles Required!!!!
Any questions or suggestions, please the SJW Dad’s Club: