These NEI Shea Tuition Awards (STA) are meant to help families who have been hard hit by the pandemic and are still struggling to find the funds to enroll their child(ren) into our school. Applications for the STA Award will follow an elevated CEF Income Guideline. Awards will be Tiered specifically for our school and are renewable each year as long as the applicant re-applies and qualifies. Awards may be re-adjusted each year to account for Tuition increases at our school.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Student(s) must have a registration date after 7/1/21.
- Student(s) can be in grades P/TK through 8th.
- Student(s) cannot have been enrolled in an LA Archdiocese Catholic School during the Spring Semester of the 20-21 School Year.
- If students were previously enrolled in a Catholic School they should be at least 1 semester removed from the LA Catholic School system.
- Exceptions can be made if a student(s) was previously at another Catholic school that is not within a 20-mile radius of your school or if their previous catholic school has been closed.
Student's family income must not exceed the New Enrollment Initiative: Shea Tuition Award (STA) Income Guidelines.
St. Joseph the Worker School
FY2022 Shea Tuition Award Tiers
(NEW Enrollment Initiative)
The following award amounts coincide with a families Mission Tier placement
within the Shea Tuition Award Income Guidelines:
New family to the School Tier New Student Award New Student Award
(1st NEW Student to SJW) :
Mission 1 $2,750 (Additional Sibling) $1,900
Mission 2 $2,250 (Additional Sibling) $1,500
Mission 3 $1,750 (Additional Sibling) $1,200
Mission 4 $1,250 (Additional Sibling) $ 800
Mission 5 $ 750 (Additional Sibling) $ 400
Current family at the School Tier New Student Award
(Sibling already enrolled at SJW):
Mission 1 $1,900
Mission 2 $1,500
Mission 3 $1,200
Mission 4 $ 800
Mission 5 $ 400
Students must meet Program (Shea Tuition Award) requirements
in order to be considered for these Awards.
PLEASE NOTE: We now have a “Waitlist” for both 2nd Grade and 5th Grade!