The SJW’s Support Team Education Plan (STEP) team is a school team that consists of the parents/guardians, the classroom or homeroom teacher, the school administrator or STEP team coordinator, other school personnel as needed, and the student when appropriate.
This process can guide families, administrators and school personnel through appropriate means of support for students who have an identified disability that is affecting their learning on a regular basis.
- Step 1: Classroom Support
- Step 2: Team Referral
- Step 3 & 4: Notify, Collect, Compile
- Step 5: STEP Meeting
- Step 6: Support Team Education Meeting
- Step 7: Action Plan Progress & (STEP) Review Meeting
- Step 8: Public School Assessment; Minor Adjustment Plan (MAP)
We believe all students are made in the image and likeness of God, and we use all available resources to educate all students.